Seaford District Community Children’s Centre: the leading innovative learning community in the southern region.
Seaford District Community Children’s Centre is a child focused service working collaboratively with families, professionals and the community, building capacity for life long care and education.
Seaford District Community Children’s Centre identified core values are Care, Trust, Respect, Quality and Equity.
At the Seaford District Community Children’s Centre we provide care and education that meets the interests and needs of children, families and the community. This is underpinned by our identified core values of Care, Trust, Respect, Quality and Equity.
We believe a program should create a caring and educational environment which encourages learning, thereby providing:-
- A safe, caring and stimulating environment.
- Opportunities for physical, emotional, imaginative, creative, social and intellectual development.
- Recognising each child’s individual potential.
- Developmentally appropriate activities encouraging problem solving, self help skills and the development of self esteem and independence.
- A nurturing environment which develops and extends children’s abilities.
- A balance between stimulation and relaxation.
- An awareness and respect for ourselves, others and our environment.
- Opportunities for consistent, caring relationships with adults and children.
- A challenging, responsive and child focused program.
Parents, Guardians and Families
We aim to support parent/guardians and families in their roles as primary caregivers and educators by:-
- Welcoming them into our centre in a genuine and sensitive manner.
- Recognising,respecting and supporting the different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds of our families.
- Creating, encouraging and supporting opportunities for their involvement and participation.
- Encouraging an exchange of information and co-operation with parents/caregivers about their children.
- Providing information about other services for children and families.
To ensure provision of quality care and education for children, our staff:-
- Recognise and respect children as individuals working in partnership with families and the community to develop an understanding of their needs.
- Will promote an awareness and appreciation of other cultures which will be reflected in the centre’s program.
- Provide a caring, inviting, aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Will be sensitive to the needs of families and the community, and be responsive to these needs through open communication.
- Work as a member of a team displaying flexibility and initiative.
- Approachable professional staff
- Our staff will maintain confidentiality.
- Listening to and respecting the needs and feelings of others.
- Will abide to the Centre’s policies and guidelines
Our Centre is committed to providing:-
- Encouragement and access of all staff to continuing training and professional development.
- Opportunities to be involved in decision making.
- Environment which is supportive of the individual worker.
- Opportunities for staff members to communicate and enhance team work skills.
Our Centre will:-
- Be sensitive to the range of social economic and cultural contexts within the community.
- Will advocate an awareness and knowledge of the need for and value of quality care and education for children.
- Provide accessible, high quality services in response to community needs.
- Participate with other community groups, agencies and services to share resources and information and develop a support network.
- Be aware of and respond to, where possible, the changing needs of the community.